Hello! It's so nice to meet you!
On my fortieth birthday, I knew two things:
- I felt stuck, in a lot of physical pain, stressed and on the go non-stop.
- I felt there had to be more to life than this. I had to do something different to make life better.
In the span of seven years, I completely changed the food I consumed, started to work towards a new career with hours that worked for me and my family, and learned to be more intentional with my time.
The change I wanted took time, but with each small step I took, life got better.
I could’ve settled, but I visualized a better life. I followed my heart and kept taking small baby steps.
I kept going.
I fought against many negative thoughts:
“I can’t do this.”
“I will never feel strong again.”
“Saying ‘no’ to others is selfish.”
None were true.
I see amazing women continue to live at a crazy busy pace, neglecting vital relationships and their health, afraid of letting others down. It breaks my heart.
In our middle age, we have half of our life yet to live. It’s the perfect time to make a mid course correction.
Don’t wait until your pain is unbearable, and you feel hopeless.
You have a choice to start moving forward and feeling more on track right now. There are more resources at your fingertips than ever before in history.
Don’t wait another second. Commit to one right decision right now.
Take one baby step today.
Before you know it, you will be feeling better, more on track, and no longer stuck!
A few more fun facts:
- I’m married to John, an amazing man I met when we were in high school working together as summer camp counselors.
- John and I never had children, but have enjoyed sharing our lives with our puppy dogs. They are my “puppies” no matter what age they are.
- I am a Certified Coaching Leader (aka Life Coach).
- I was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri. John and I have settled here, close to family and friends.
- I love a good challenge and I love to be active. In the past few years, I have biked a century ride (100 miles in one day), finished my first sprint triathlon, spoiled myself biking San Juan Island in Washington state with a dear friend, and this year I am training for a two day 150 mile bike ride.
- I am an introvert, so even though I enjoy time with John, family and friends, I love “me time” too.
"Jen loves people. She has the gift of encouragement. She loves a challenge and is not a quitter."
Kay, Retired Educator/Caregiver