I am extremely fortunate right now. My household income has not changed, my husband, immediate family and I have not gotten Covid-19, and my husband and I are able to stay safe at home. Because I am so blessed at this time, I didn’t feel like I had the right to compose a blog post when so many people are suffering. What I did come to realize though, is there are many of you that are in the same place as I am today, and we are still working through our own “stuff”. So I write this post for you today.
I ask myself, and I ask you, what do you want to get out of this time in life? Each of our lives look different, so this is individual to you, but let me throw out a few things for us to chew on.
- I think we obviously want to stay healthy during this time, but I think we always want to become healthier. Is that true for you? If so, what small steps can you take to move forward? I think that many of us are finding that we used the “I’m too busy” excuse, but now with the possibility of a more flexible schedule, we are facing the fact that it is just hard, period. When things are hard, let’s break them down into baby steps. Many small steps will move us in the right direction.
- We want to be productive.
- We want to be grateful.
- We want to be helpful.
- We want to enjoy close relationships.
- We want to stay positive.
- We want financial stability.
- We want peace and comfort.
- We want to come out of this time better than when we went into it.
Do you have any more you want to add to the list? What does each of the above look like for you? How can you move forward, little by little, to make them a reality?
What do you think about waking up each morning, while you have your morning cup of coffee, asking yourself “what small steps can I take today to move forward?” What are my “must do’s” for today? What are my “wanna do’s” for the day?
I have been taking this approach, I have found it to be very helpful and I have something that could help you to do it, too. Before Covid-19, I was working on a free booklet to help individuals who were struggling with difficult health issues. I named it Living Through Devastating Times: Your Personal Baby Steps To Get You Through Today. I had no idea how relevant it would become for the times we are living in now. The awesome thing is, the principles work in all challenging situations. I have been using it daily, and I invite you to download it and use it as well. I will place a link to my resource shop at the end of this post.
Living Life Together - Consider one more small baby step. Ask yourself daily “what can I do to touch base and encourage someone today?” We all need a little bit more love right now!
Let’s come out of this challenging time better than when we started, one step at a time!
My Daily Walk With Jesus - UGGGHHH! The Bible says not to worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of its own. That is hard, but it's what I have been trying to do. Don’t get me wrong, my mind is constantly going to “what if this” and “what if that” but I am trying to catch myself, then remind myself not to worry about tomorrow. God is in control of all of this. He loves each one of us so very much. He will give us our “daily bread” each day, and show us what we should do, if we lean and rely on Him. One day at a time.