How would you define your life right now? Is it easy? Hard? Enjoyable? Frustrating? Happy? Sad? Whatever season you are going through in life, a new season will come. For life is ever changing.
I have read the verses in Ecclesiastes many times about all of the seasons there are in life. I have to admit, that even though there have been distinct chapters in my life, the idea of seasons was kind of foreign to me. That was until recently.
This has been a very difficult season, that along with the midwest weather, is finally turning towards Spring. The sun is starting to shine again and new life is starting to grow. As I transition from one season to the next, and feel the contrast between the two, it has made me aware of all of you around me who are going through your own seasons. Both good seasons and challenging seasons.
Can I share with you what I learned during my most recent challenging season?
- Don’t fight the challenging season you are in because you will not win the fight. Like the changing of the season in nature, your season has a certain amount of time it has to live out. I spent 11 months fighting my challenging season I was in and all I achieved by fighting was exhaustion. When I decided to embrace the season I was in, and stopped fighting it, I found more peace.
- Surround yourself with loving people and rely on them for love and encouragement with no judgement. A professional counselor is a wonderful option as well. They are there to listen, encourage and help.
- Don’t stop moving forward. The reality is that you do have to go through it to get out the other side. This is where my famous baby steps come into play. Keep moving forward, no matter how small the step and how slow you feel you are going. You can keep going, and you will make it through!
I have three hopes for the future for us:
- That we will not forget our challenging times and how important they are for our personal growth and understanding.
- That we will better love and support our friends and family that are experiencing a challenging season.
- Now that the sun is shining in life again, we can better appreciate this time of joy and not take it for granted.
Whatever season you are going through in life, be kind to yourself, keep moving forward because you are truly amazing!